DUST CONTROLOverview Dust Control is an essential part of the asset management strategy. It is a gilt-edged investment in the safe and efficient operation of mines, people and equipment in the dust –free environment. Achieving a 100% dust controlled result might not be possible and cost effective; therefore the approach towards the industry is based on the principle:
- 80% dust can be controlled with a 20% cost implication.
- Limiting the creation or presence of dust –sized particles
- Reducing wind speed at ground level
- Binding dust particles together
- Capturing and removing dust from its sources
Benefits of controlling dust emissions:
- Reduces dust-related human respiratory health problems like asthma , bronchitis and allergies
- Reduces vehicle accidents and human caused injuries due to poor visibility and road conditions
- Reduce vehicles equipment wear and damage due to mechanical abrasion and road impact
- Reduce road maintenance cost by :
- reduce frequency of grading by 50 % to 75 %
- decreases loss of fine-grading road surface material
- lowering re-graveling cost
- Reduces cleaning costs for homes and vehicles.
- AGM (Afri-Group Mix) is a blend of coconut oil, additives and co-surfactants, which enables it to mix easily with all types of water – including hard, salty or dirty water – and to penetrate into a range of road materials
- It is water-soluble and when sprayed directly onto an unprepared surface will consolidate the soil to form a tightly bound layer.
- This blend has led to a number of innovative products involved in application techniques.
- Compaction – improve the rolling resistance
- Hardness – allows track vehicles to use the road without extra surface preparation or protection.
- No production loss due to drying time and closure of roads during application.
- Not slippery.
- Reduces liability for damage caused to property or people.
- Reduce complaints from public.
- Improve environmental conditions.
© 2015 Epiq Industrial, all rights reserved
delivered by Cavaillon Labs (PTY) LTD